Topic

AT Trip reports

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports AT Trip reports

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

One of my next hiking trips is to hike the CT section of the AT. While I know there aren't specific trip reports for this small part of the trail, I have read a few trip reports and honed in on the CT specific sections. Any websites/links would be appreciated. I seem to remember seeing a link to a site that was dedicated for trip reports, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Laurence Daniels
    BPL Member

@gnr

Locale: Boston

Try viewsfromthetop.com. They have a dedicated trip report section in the forums, however, they also have a section of trail conditions specifically for CT, and the other New England states, plus NY.

The section for CT often contains reports regarding the AT there.

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

The AT in CT is somewhat accessable by Public Transportation. Bus service to Great Barrington, then shuttle to Salisbury. Commuter Train service out of NYC will get you close to the southern end. Pawley Train Sta. on the Harlem Valley Line running out of Grand Central Station is three miles south of the trail and there is another station 3 miles north, Wingdale, NY. A side trail leads from the AT into Wingdale (the trailhead is not well marked from the Wingdale end, but well marked on the AT end) On week-ends the train actually stops at the "AT Station" which consists of a large bench about two feet from the trail! That stop is also right next to the highway, NY Rte. 22, about halfway between Pawley and Wingdale. Another nice way to section hike CT is to leave a car at one end and hide a bike at the other. The road which winds through the Housatonic River valley (ie. relatively flat)is a nice one to ride. The CT/MA line,of course, is not near a road, but a side trail from Rte, 7 will get you close. Come back with more specific questions. BTW Camping in CT is allowed only at designated spots, ie. shelters or tentsites.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

You might want to try trailjounals.com and also Papa Bear's Home Page (google search).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools