Topic

Overnight in First Decent Snow in the San Gorgonio Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Overnight in First Decent Snow in the San Gorgonio Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Richard Bolt

@richardbolt

Locale: California

Unsure of what to do when the first winter storm of the season hits?

Head out solo into the wilderness and bivvy out overnight, that's what to do. That's what I did.

24 hours away from home, solo, in winter, in the mountains, in the San Gorgonio Wilderness. What could be more fun than that?

I headed out into the rain on Friday afternoon of November the 4th of 2011 in San Diego, and drove to the San Gorgonio Wilderness up Highway 38 from Redlands. I saw chaos on the 215, lots of accidents, and then heading up into the mountains the rain turned to snow, and cars were having a hard time finding traction. After a brief stop to fit the chains, and help some middle aged ladies figure out the chains on their car, I headed cautiously up the hill to the Forsee Creek Trailhead and started hiking.

I've put up a video on Vimeo of my 24 hour adventure here: http://vimeo.com/32189822

I hope you enjoy it!

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

Wow. What an amazing winter landscape you had there! I enjoyed your video. What camera are you using? The quality is impressive. I'm gonna have to check out your other videos!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools