Topic

LuminAID: An Inflatable Solar Light

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) LuminAID: An Inflatable Solar Light

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yohei Aoyagi
    BPL Member

@zzz_bear

Locale: Tokyo

I don't know about this weight. But looks not heavy.
    I tried to get one.

http://www.indiegogo.com/luminaid

LuminAID: Give Light, Get Light from LuminAID Lab on Vimeo.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Very interesting product and a great goal for people who need sustainable, cheap or donated lighting.

This would be nice for group camp lighting as well.

terry a thompson
    BPL Member

@terry588

Locale: West

THANKS for the link! what a great idea and a great Christmas gift for hiker friends.
    I just placed an order and had no problems, used a credit card.

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

I Tried to order one but for some reason I was told they couldn't receive pp payments right now?
    I really like this idea. It may be too heavy for backpacking (they don't list the weight) but its still a great thing for camping and daily use.

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

I love the intent, and there's a lot of ingenious thinking there, but I think the quality and quantity of light is diminished by being in the bag. It looks like a nightlight… Not enough light to really "do" anything. I'd be curious what kind of light you get with it removed from the bag.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I was wondering if anyone say tried one out yet?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

I have a couple and they work great.The first one they sent weighed 3.5oz and a couple months later they sent me another that was slightly different and weighed 2.5oz

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

That looks great for group-camp lighting and for their intended purpose. Heck, I'd buy one but their links are all shut off.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

I keep mine in my home emergency kit, and was happy that for each one I bought one was donated to someone in need.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Thanks. This may be a winner for me. Just looking for a light source that is sustainable and does not use batteries. I don't need to throw light 50 feet infront of me so this will be a boon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools