Topic

Shrimp Sesame Noodles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Shrimp Sesame Noodles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Shrimp Sesame Noodles

In memory of the inventor of ramen noodles passing away this week, I suggest a gourmet twist on ramen:

In a quart freezer bag put:

1 block shrimp flavored ramen with 1/4 of the seasoning packet added
    2 Tbl dried diced carrots
    2 Tbl dried onions
    pinch of red pepper flakes

Also bring:
    1 foil pouch of shrimp
    1-2 tsp sesame oil in a leak proof container

Add about 1 1/2 cups boiling water to the ramen bag. Push air out, seal well and mix by gently shaking and rolling the bag, till the ramen starts to just soften. Put the bag in a cozy for 10 minutes, tucking the shrimp pouch underneath, to warm it up.

Opening one corner a bit, drain off the water, add in the shrimp, and toss with the sesame oil.
    Serves 1-2, depending on how hungry you are.
    Note: By using only 1/4 of the seasoning packet, you keep the sodium levels at a decent rate, yet still get some of the flavor. If one desires, they can add more seasoning, or keep the broth and have it as a ramen bowl.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Another one that I need to try (and will likely try it at work for lunch).

BTW – I like the tip in the "Ultralight in the Icebox" thread about tortillas and parchment paper

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

My son and I tried these for lunch yesterday. It was good but I thought there was just a touch too much sesame oil. This isn't a reflection on the recipe – just my tastes – so I cut the minimun suggested amount of sesame oil in half.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools