Topic

Official GGG Thread READ

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Official GGG Thread READ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 361 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

90 days away!
    We are already over 50 strong.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Sounds like you guys are good on trucks + Ken's radical van. If necessary, I have a 4WD truck also so put me down as an alternate I guess.

I may be +1 also (my wife) if we can work out a babysitter for the kids.

Ken, I'll bring the Instaflator. You're little fan is going down! ;) Funds coming your way for my part. Thanks again for organizing. I'm looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

See first post

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Ken,

Money sent.

I don't have a guest, if that changes…will let you know.

I have two boxes of Duraflame Logs to donate.

Will also bring name tags for people to use.

-Tony

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Thanks Tony! Your awesomeness shall not go unnoticed.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Just enough time to go around the world in eighty days before the GGG!

kevin smith

@divr6347

SUPERVISION. There must be at least one adult for each 15 juveniles. The leader is responsible for controlling the group and its activities.

looks like we are already going to break this rule LOL

so who wants to be the supervisor ?? it has to be someone who can be responsible for
    controlling the the group and its activities LOL YEA RIGHT good luck with that one he he

kevin

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Fortunately age is the only factor for determining what is a juvenile in the eye if the Park Service. We're cool.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

We have better parking arrangements too this time around. We have use of the overflow lot.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

See first post.

Foo Bar
    BPL Member

@schassey

Locale: Bay Area

Hello everyone!

My name is Scott and I'm a long time reader of BPL, but haven't posted except to buy some gear in the gear swap.

I have recently moved to the South Bay from DC, but have previously lived in the Bay Area multiple times. I am very happy to be back in beautiful, bountiful CA.

My girlfriend Amy and I would very much like to join everyone at Henry Coe, make some new friends and check out some uber-light gear. My first weekend back in CA (which happened to be Thanksgiving) I took the opportunity to go out and do an overnight along Pine Ridge. Beautiful country back there- but who in the hell cut those roads?! Some steep stuff!

If you wouldn't mind, please add the two of us to the list! I'll be sending along some $ via paypal to contribute to the costs (and hopefully overflowing to help Henry Coe!)

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Scott

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Welcome back to Cali Scott!

Foo Bar
    BPL Member

@schassey

Locale: Bay Area

Thanks Ken!

I can't even begin to describe how good it is to be back. Shenendoah and the AT offered some great trails, but nothing like the Sierra. Also looking forward to getting to know the Santa Cruz mtns better.

I'm just down in SJ for the time being, renting a room until we decide where we want to live ultimately. I'm working in Santa Clara, but Amy is still looking for work, so we don't want to be nailed down before we know what her commute will be like. Ultimately we'd love to be amongst the tree's either near you in Scott's Valley or even Ben Lomond or the like.

Exciting stuff!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Scotts Valley is an ideal place to live. Lots of little kids, no crime and 20 minutes out of Los Gatos. It is pricey though. Ben Lomend, Felton, and Boulder Creek can be nice places to live it has its pros and cons. PM me if you need details. Santa Cruz is also a great place to live. Don't forget Ventana Wilderness in you exploring.

We will see you at Coe in Feb.

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

I'm in. Thanks

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Bumping

A big thanks to the persons so far that helped financially.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Everyone who is attending, please do your part and paypal Ken the few bucks he needs to cover his out of pocket expense for reserving the campsites.

Would totally suck for him to be out of pocket for this considering how much time and effort he has already donated to making sure this happens.

Ken, can you repost up the paypal link and the dollar amount you need per person attending?

-Tony

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Please help defer costs of the GGG reservations and incidentals Paypal of funds would be greatly appreciated.

Paypal to [email protected]

Please let me know if you are in for Friday Night.(hint: don't miss it) Night hike to camp from the HQ

$10 or so per head should cover all expenses, with any extra going to the Coe Park Fund.

Henry W. Coe Park always has financial need. If you would like to help, please consider donating to the Coe Park Fund.
    Information can be found here.

http://www.coeparkfund.org/

Please carpool.

Thanks again.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Another week closer!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

2 months away.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

I'm driving hundreds of miles to be there. I hope that some of those in SoCal who are on the fence, jump it and head up for the weekend. It's only once a year. You won't be disappointed.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I have to pay??? It should be free or at least if most others pay, I should be able to come for free! Why pay if I don't have to?

:)

Just kidding. Payment sent . I am on for Friday. How much more for the extra night?

Andrew F

@andrew-f

Sign me up too, with a +1. Are most people staying both Friday and Saturday night? My wife and I will probably only be able to come for Saturday night.

I actually was at Coe last year during the last GGG, but hadn't read about it online, so I had no idea why there were so many more people than usual with UL gear walking past me!

Andrew

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Ken,

For Friday night….campsite is going to be at the trail head/car camping?

Also, if I am going to stay on Friday send another $10, right?

Basically, $10 per night per head?

-Tony

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the GGG, so officially scratch me off the list Ken. I'm very disappointed to have to bail out of the GGG but I am co-directing a local trail race on Feb. 18th and there is no way for me to wiggle out of my responsibilities here.

I'm totally going to miss out on what is guaranteed to be a quality time.

How about a GGG bi-annual summer event in the Sierras? ;-)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 361 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools