Topic

The Gears Wars Begin:

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The Gears Wars Begin:

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

A long time ago in a galaxy far away……
    “Spoon Wars”
    Episode I – Attack of the Spoon Saber
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The two part spoonsaber(LED) weighs a total of 11 grams or 0.39oz. The plastic spoon part only weighs 3.2grams or 0.11oz. Free with the box of Cereal. Kellog’s also has an r2d2 bowl that I just found out about and have not seen yet. I took a piece of aluminum arrow shaft and stuck it into the spoon to give it the long handle you can see in the picture.

I can see something like this carried just for that long day of hiking in rain or other nasty weather we find ourselves doing once in awhile. You get to where you are setting up for the night, a shelter or someplace with other wet and less than happy hikers and you pull out your spoonsaber to eat with. Everyone has a good laugh to end a nasty day. My kind of hiking.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

That’s hilarious! It would be extremely funny at the end of a long day. It might also help those that are visually challenged to have a “night light” on their spoon; so they are sure to get that last morsel from the ‘deep’ end of their cook-pot.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools