Topic

Very light, stretchy fabric?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Very light, stretchy fabric?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I'm looking for a lightweight, stretchy fabric for a stretchy panel in an apparel project. I've considered just using noseeum netting (which has some mechanical stretch), but I'm not sure it would be durable enough. Are there any knits or lycra/spandex fabrics under 2.5 oz/yard? Any tips are appreciated.

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

What about medium-weight women's tights? Thicker than stockings of course but surely some of those moderately warm ones would be durable and not 2.5 oz/yd. I don't know that for sure I'm simply musing.

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

Awhile back I ordered some power mesh from fabricandsewing.com for pack pockets. It was too flimsy for pack pockets and is intended for clothing so I'd check that out. I think there are several weights available. A quick search on the same sight shows some other 4 way stretch fabrics that aren't mesh.

http://www.fabricandsewing.com/search.aspx?searchTerms=power+mesh&ni=&st=&c=&set=&p=

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools