Topic

Exped SynMat UL 7 Med $85

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Exped SynMat UL 7 Med $85

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Okay, here's a nice deal from New Zealand.

http://www.bivouac.co.nz/

has the Exped SynMat UL 7 Med (183cm / 6' version) for NZ$108.50, and the short for NZ$97.30. Now although these prices look pretty good, when you plug them into xe.com, you find out they translate to about US$85, and US$75 respectively. I can't remember seeing a deal on these this good before.

There is a $20 shipping charge via FedEx if you spend under NZ$200, but if you spend over $200, shipping is free anywhere in the world. (If you spend over NZ$100, shipping is free to Australia) Buy two Med and split them with a mate.

I have no connection to the company, apart from having been a very satisfied customer on four or five purchases now, including two Exped SynMat UL 7 Med that arrived in Melbourne less than 36hrs after I ordered them. Customer service has been great, with staff ringing around NZ to chase down an item for me once when I ordered incorrectly, and always fast accurate shipping.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Add two mediums now enroute to Canada to the list.

Very much appreciate you posting this !

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Thanks Rod!

Just ordered two myself. Everything is just as you stated in your post.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Thanks for the heads up Rod. My wife would not thank you, so I just won't tell her. I managed to stop myself at 2, but I got free shipping.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Glad I could help out.

Joe, my wife doesn't know about her new one yet either!

Rod

twig .
    BPL Member

@bretthartwig

Thanks Rod, one on the way to Adelaide. Finally the Aussie dollar is worth something overseas.
    I can also vouch for bivoauc.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice find on this one. I'll get my SynMat UL tomorrow (used from eBay for the same price as these new ones) and then I'll have to see if my wife wants one. I wish it said when the sale ends.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ordered, thanks

donald buckner
    Spectator

@toomanyarrows

Locale: Southeast U.S.

I tried to order a med and a small for my wife and it wouldn't let me order the small so I changed my qty to 2 med. Interestingly, my email showed that I had ordered 2 med and 1 small but there was no charge for the small. I guess thats the way the system works. Looks a bit strange, but it looks like my wife will only be carrying about an ounce more than she would have with the small.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Ordered on the 11th, got my pads today. Pretty amazing. I could have gotten them just as fast from REI, and paid a lot more. Thanks again Rod!

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Ordered two on the 11th. The package shipped from New Zealand on the the 14th, hit San Francisco on the 15th and was in my Mailbox in Blaine, Wash on the 17th !! Amazing for free shipping.

Inflated both of them last night and they look and feel fantastic compared to my NeoAir.

Thanks again !

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Just looked at this pad at REI in Santa Fe for $155. The sales associate asked me if that was a funny pad, since I was laughing.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

After some of the deals that you guys have hooked me up with, new and used, it really has made me happy to be able to return the favour.

It's worth signing up for the Bivouac sales, as they almost always have one or two good deals. Just don't clean them out before I get there!!

Rod

donald buckner
    Spectator

@toomanyarrows

Locale: Southeast U.S.

Got an email from bivouac asking about my order that did not process correctly and they straightened it out. Now I'll get my med and small. Great communication and my wife will be happy to have a pad that fits her and she will not have to lug around the extra oz or two of the med. Can't wait to go try them out!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools