Topic

new water bottle/boiling pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear new water bottle/boiling pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    adam spates

@adamspates

Locale: southeast

I don't know if these are sold everywhere or if someone has already posted them.

These are marketed as Realtree Energy drinks.
    They are similar to the Miller bottle cans in size, 16oz (actually closer to 17), but thats about all they have in common. They are very thick walled. The bottle is way thicker than your traditional Pepsi can and even thicker than the Bud Light aluminum bottle. It takes alot of pressure to push a dent in one.
    I was at first disappointed when I removed the cap and saw plastic threads. First though is that they will melt. I filled it with water, placed it over two different alcohol stoves and boiled water for more than two minutes. There was not even any softening of the plastic threads. In feeling of the threads they were warm, but I could actually squeeze them without burning my fingers. I don't know how these cans would do on a wood stove. But I plan on putting it over a fire in the next few days. I would have done it tonight but its raining.
    The weight is 2.2oz on my scale.bottle1

however there is a warning on the back of the can. :-)
    bottle2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools