Topic

Down jackets for women

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Down jackets for women

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Petot
    Spectator

@jessid87

I was at JCPenney the other day and saw something interesting. Apparently they have a line of "Premium Packable" down hooded jackets and vests for women by the brand Xersion. According to the information page, the jackets are 650pf, with no rating for the vests. I gave them a quick look while I was in the store and intend to go back for a second look. They seemed like decent quality and right now on sale for 59 for the jacket and 39 for the vest. Anyone heard of these?

Jess

Note. The link to the page is stupid long, so I didn't post it. But if you go to JCPenney.com and go to women's coats, they are the second and fourth items listed.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Costco has womens down jackets too. I think they're $40 something. The boys down jacket that people here have been talking about seems like it's warmer, lighter, and it certainly costs less.

Jessica Petot
    Spectator

@jessid87

Unfortunately, I don't have easy access to a costco, so for myself and those like me, this might be an interesting alternative. Bright exciting colors too.

jennifer ross

@jenhifive

Locale: Norcal

It looks like a good jacket for the price but 650 fill means it could be heavy. Bring a scale, weigh it and let the rest of know if it's worth buying. They don't list the weight online.

Andy Mullaly

@apmullaly

Target is also carrying a packable down jacket for women. I only glanced at it because its an obvious woman's cut, but it felt really light. I don't know what the fill weight is, but you might want to check it out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools