Topic

Nemo Pentalite Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Nemo Pentalite Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Nemo Pentalite Review

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Under 'design and features,' second sentence, says 'although it is free-standing….'

It's not a free-standing shelter, as the 'specifications' note.

Also, could you use your trekking poles as the center pole to reduce weight? I assume you could.

John Adams
    BPL Member

@scsjohn

Locale: Midwest

Thanks for a great review.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Nice catch, Doug! The error has been fixed.

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

You are right Doug, that is an error. We will get that fixed!

Yes, you could use trekking poles as the center pole if you had a way to lash them together. We don't use trekking poles, so sometimes I forget about that.

Walter Underwood
    BPL Member

@wunder

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Black Diamond makes a "pole link converter" to turn two trekking poles in to a bigger tent pole. Handy, but it does leave the points exposed on both ends, so you might want to carry rubber tips so you don't poke a hole in your tent. $5, 35g, but you'll probably have to order it and pay shipping. I've never seen these in stores.

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/shelters/pole-link-converter/

Or you can use the Ron Bell method with a few feet of guy line. I can't find a link to that right now. Roughly, you overlap the two poles, points down, then put a small loop over the point of the upper pole, thread the line through the strap of the lower pole, tie it off somehow (hmm, need to try this), then wrap the remaining line around the two poles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools