Topic

Fish show & tell

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Fish show & tell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Galen Benson
    BPL Member

@wanttoknow

Rio Grande Cut throat from the San Pedro wilderness NM. Caught on a spinner with a collapsible rod given to me by my daughter.
    Rio Grande Cutty

Mike Garcia

@mountainfly

Locale: Aurora, Co

Do you ever venture into the Pecos Wilderness?

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

My brother and I took a week long fishing trip to Colorado back in 09. We fished Deckers Creek, Cheeseman Canyon, and a private section of the south branch of the South Platte river (pictured). I used a 9ft. 5wt rod and I believe the cutbow was caught on an egg pattern and the brown on a caddis pupa or a stone fly.

brown
    cutty

edit: rod/tackle

Galen Benson
    BPL Member

@wanttoknow

Mike I've not had the opportunity to get up to the Pecos area. Still on my wish list.

Doug Wolfe
    BPL Member

@wolfie2nd

Brown Town
    Little day trip up in northwestern NJ hiking and fishing Ken Lockwood Gorge. Caught on a parachute Adams with the Tenkara rod.. Sorry bout the upside down pic. It was the only one that showed the fly best..

Mike Garcia

@mountainfly

I got up to the Mt. Evan Wilderness area here in Colorado to fish a lake around 12k this weekend. The lake had already iced off. I fished a streamer with a dropper and caught fish on both.

Mt Evans WA

It Snowed most of the day.

snow att lake

Cutthroat.
    cutthroat

I release 99% of the fish I catch, but on this day I introduced a buddy to Rocky Mountain High trout sushi.
    trout sushi

Mike Garcia

@mountainfly

I hiked in at night to find a high mountain lake mostly covered with ice, and unfishable. After a warm night the lake opened up. By mid day I hit the upper lake to find it opening up. During ice off the biggest fish in the lake will show themselves. I caught a few fish on a Parachute Adams & Copper John, but the fish of the day was caught by my buddy Jon. Again this lake was around 12k.

ice off sd

ice off upper

ice off cutty

Russ Porter

@russp17

Locale: Anchorage

That fish is a hog!!!

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

It was small, but DELICIOUS. High country fish are the best. Caught on the lower monarch lake out of mineral king in sequioa national park. This was probably the one of the biggest fish in the lake actually. This upper lake probably had bigger fish but had sketchy ice all around it.
    a

Karl Myers
    Spectator

@kmyers1234

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Cutthroat in the Morning

About a 10-12" cutthroat caught on a TFO 4wt and #14 elk hair caddis.. Fun little fight and an even better looking fish

Mountain stream fishing.. theres nothing like it

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Trout 1Trout 2

Some of the few I caught in Holy Cross Wilderness last week.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Here are Drake (12) and Phoebe (7) with the sockeye salmon they caught in the surf in the salt water of Cook Inlet at the mouth of the Kenai River (north side). 10 fish, 80 pounds total, 90 minutes of effort. Drake got two fish and then went back to reading his book. Phoebe really liked the bounancy of being in waders in the salt water and bounced up and down the whole time.July dipnetting

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools