Topic

WPB jacket repair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear WPB jacket repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Bodiya
    BPL Member

@stephenbodiya-com-2-2

Locale: Michigan

What do you think the best way to repair this jacket is? The hole/tear is about 3-4 inches long and not very wide at all when laid flat.

I was thinking the iron on seam tape from Quest, but thought I'd ask for other ideas first.

Seam tape?
    WPB Fabric Patch Sewn on?
    Other ideas?

Rain Jacket Hole

Jeremy Osburn

@earn_my_turns

Locale: New England

Rei or Seattle fabrics or probably any of the others sell gortex patches. I bet if you call the manufacturer of the jacket they might fix it for cheap or free, or send you the correct color patch. Sew or tape it on, seal the seams and you are done.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

If you put a patch on that wasn't breathable it wouldn't make any difference.

A small area, especially if it's not on your shoulders or head.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

If the hole were in a convenient area you could add a waterproof zipper to make a pocket!

Stephen Bodiya
    BPL Member

@stephenbodiya-com-2-2

Locale: Michigan

Thanks guys! I'll probably just pick up a repair patch for it.

The pocket idea is very tempting Bender. I'll have to give it some thought. It might be well placed since the tear is on the front of the jacket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools