Topic

Anyone want to thru-hike the Superior Trail in May?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Anyone want to thru-hike the Superior Trail in May?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Derek H

@dehak

I am looking at thru-hiking the Superior Trail(Northern Minnesota) in May when the weather starts getting warm. I have no problem going solo but would rather have a partner along. This way I wouldn't have to rely on a shuttle to get back to my car, plus it is always nice to have someone to talk to around the fire at night.

Anyways, as of now the details are not worked out. I just know that I will be hiking North from Two Harbors whenever the snow(if we even get any) thaws out and the weather warms up. I am looking at finishing in 10-12 days maybe taking a day off halfway through or something.

Anyone down?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Derek –

I did the SHT solo Southbound in 2005 and I recommend it as a great semi-long trail for anyone. It's well marked, nearly impossible to get lost on, has excellent re-supply options (although not necessary) and has a multitude of safety escapes for those worried about that sort of thing.

View my trail journal, photos and a gearlist (I did this previous to being ultra-enlightened fyi):

http://samh.net/backpacking/sht/

Have you joined the SHT listserv yet? If not be sure to do that as you'll find there's an excellent group of people on there who love the trail and love to answer questions and chat about it.

Find info and sign up for the SHT List here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hiker/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools