Topic

Pacer Pole User Comments ??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pacer Pole User Comments ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Stuart

@forest-2

Locale: Hunter Valley - Australia

Hi All

Just about to put my Christmas order in for a pair of Carbon Pacer Poles.

Any users or people out there that have tried them.

All comments appreciated, Pros' and Con's.

They seem a good design and I always hike with two poles anyway.

Drowned Lemming
    BPL Member

@lemming

You won't regret it!

After a lot of use, the lower sections will get quite chipped and rough, but it has not affected performance and you can buy the lower sections as spares (I have a second set of lowers with Swix floating snow baskets on, as it's simpler to change the sections than get the baskets off!).

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

I have used my alloy poles for about 6 years now and they have seen a lot of hard use, after returning from my last trip in Lapland, I had to replace the tips as they were completely worn away, it was an easy job. The alloy poles have stood up well to a lot of abuse and as Niel said the bottom sections are very scratched to the point the markings are no longer visible. Because I use my poles to support my SL2, I prefer alloy. The reasoning for this is because of possible damage on the trail leading to a broken pole e.g. falling etc.

Prior to using Pacer Poles I used REI poles and once I changed I was immediately taken by the usability of the poles with the left and right handles.

I occasionally use the camera mount as well as the snow baskets.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools