Topic

lashing a hockey stick to a pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear lashing a hockey stick to a pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leslie Thurston

@lesler

Locale: right here, right now

somewhat off-sub, but per the subject line, anyone have any ideas how i can
    secure my hockey stick to my acessory-devoid rucksack?
    i'll be commuting about a mile to the pond (via bike) and obviously, holding an aluminum stick is not only cold, but completely dysfunctional and entirely unsafe, not to mention just plain akward.
    perhaps i could rig it to my bike frame?
    man….what a head banger.
    thanks! leslie

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

You just need a telescoping hockey stick! I think rigging it to the bike frame would be a safer solution. Keeping it from extending past the handlebars so you can maintain your turning would be wise. You could use a velcro cord wrap to the tube frame. Picture of bike/stick with dimensions might help.

Matt DeLapp

@atrocket10

Good to see another backpacker/cyclist/hockey player!

Attach the hockey stick to the top tube. I use a single bungie cord wrapped a couple times over. Takes a little practice to get it balanced but once you have it in place, you won't know it's there.

I throw my equipment in a big ortlieb bag and wear my helmet to save space/safety.

I uploaded a picture to my flickr… http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcadventures/6261494231/in/photostream

Erik Kolesar

@burningdaylight

Locale: North Metro, Atlanta

Just strap it to the top tube of your bike like the bike polo folks do with their mallets, just keep the blade under your butt next to your seat stay.

Nicholas Martin

@namaniac

Locale: SoCal-High Desert

id strap it vertically to my pack…assuming you have clearance along the path for a 3-4 ft protrusion…depending on how long of a hockey stick you use.

Leslie Thurston

@lesler

Locale: right here, right now

thanks all!
    matt, photo=gold.
    i'd ideally like to strap it to my pack, but it may require some creative engineering
    (and unruly bouts of trial and error).
    leslie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools