Topic

Wood burning stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wood burning stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Todd P

@bmwrider

I'm trying to find a light weight wood burning stove that breaks down flat, the kind that uses panels that fit together and form a sort of fire box, most of them are square, I have seen many before but now when I'm ready to build or by one I can't seem to find them, I can't even seem to find the right word to search with.

Could any of you help me out.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I'm sure there are others, but Vargo makes a ti version that folds up

http://www.vargooutdoors.com/Titanium-Hexagon-Backpacking-Wood-Stove

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

First hit for collapsible wood stove on google returned zenstoves.net good place to start it looks like.

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California
    Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

Google "Emberlit stove" and do a forum search for it, here. It looks interesting: light, flat and with a feed-port to keep it going.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Google: Four Dog Stove, BPL sold them once and it is a very versatile stove that burns wood, esbit tabs and denatured alcohol. It comes in three different sizes.

Joseph Reeves
    Spectator

@umnak

Locale: Southeast Alaska

I spent last night trying to rationalize the purchase of a Kirfu para stove for winter kayaking. Still not quite there, but there is a lot of stove por* (Oh, my I guess Ryan doesn't like the word por*) at this site.

http://www.kifaru.net/stoves.html

Might be too large for your needs

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock
    Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Just exactly what are you asking for help with?

http://forums.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=832107219;t=9991152887

You seem to be asking for something other than what we are giving. Are you looking for a wood burning stove for cooking with or heating?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

… the Caldera Cone ti Sidewinder Inferno woodburner isn't a flat stove but it does roll up and fit into its own pot. I have one and it is a VERY efficient wodburner. It's a "gassifier" wood stove (cycles hot air into the combustion chamber) plus a Caldera Cone outer that conserves heat by its design.

The Sidewinder's compactness is a big plus and I think it's compactness that you are looking for.

BER —
    BPL Member

@ber

Locale: Wisconsin

+1 on the Emberlit-UL. 5.4oz. Packs flat as desired by the OP. Burns well and allows for continuous feed. Like mine enough that I sold my BushBuddy Ultra.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools