Topic

Stored Down and Indoor Hanging setup/ hardware

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stored Down and Indoor Hanging setup/ hardware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I have accumulated a lot of down…and I don't have an extra room ; what I did is use the shelf above my open closet. I used some shock cord through a piece of No See Um. This way the down is not compressed and since the shelf is like a grate and the mesh lets air through, it can also breathe. I have had this for several months and like it better than big plastic containers or hanging the gear.

Down storage

Down storage

I also recently installed the hardware to be able to hang my hammock indoors. It's a little overkill, but it seems to fit the cabin. I have slept in it a couple of times last week when my back was sore and it really helped. I will also use it for company, since we have a small space.

Indoor hang

indoor hang

Indoor hang

Indoor hang

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Permanently set up and ready to go.

workshop

workshop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools