Topic

Best Glue, Dyneema X / Cuben Bond?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Best Glue, Dyneema X / Cuben Bond?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wild Exped
    BPL Member

@bankse

Locale: OZ

Hopefully a simple question. Been working on a solo shelter with Cuben which will have a main and second pole (probably most similar to a shagri'la 1 shape). I have some dyneema x fabric which was intended to reinforce the peaks in conical style similar to mld duomid (i assume..)

Used the tape from cubic tech for the ridge and other seams and i have some aquaseal to bond the tieouts. Was considering aquaseal for the peaks but there's a lot of stress up there and i thought someone might have some thoughts on this (or a better adhesive for the job?)

Ive got some samples curing but i'm also thinking long term expectations for the bond?

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

I'm thinking aquaseal *should* work although I haven't tried nylon to cuben. If you have any scraps test a couple pieces. Aquaseal sticks very well to both typically.

Ryan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools