Topic

Lightest quilt/top bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightest quilt/top bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

Can anyone tell me what the absolute lightest quilt/top bag is out there. I'm looking to try this system for sub 4 pound summer hiking but don't know where to start.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Hey George,
    Here ya go.
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/ssn/GearDB/pc/Sleeping%20Bags/Top%20Bags,%20Quilts,%20and%20Wearable%20Sleep%20Systems/index.html

This is from a quik search on this site.
    The Mount Laural Devotion $175 and the Nunatak Ark Edge $283.
    Both weigh 11 ounces.
    I belive there is a top bag out there that weighs 10 ounces, but it will give you much less coverage than the 2 above.

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

It's funny, as I was just searching for the lightest summer quilt that I could find too. I came up with the Nunatak Arc AT. It's a 3/4 length summer quilt to be used in conjuntion with a jacket. It's about exactly what I was looking for. If I remember correctly it weighs about 8 oz and is rated at 40 degrees. I plan on ordering one to try.

john Tier
    Spectator

@peter_pan

Locale: Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA

It is not the pure lightest…but the JRB Stealth quilt at sub 15 ounces and being a wearable insulation layer you can save weight on a total basis. Find it here http://216.83.168.206/index_files/Stealth.htm

I'm biased though.

Pan

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

Thanks folks. Nathan I saw the 3/4 AT also. Looks interesting at 8 ounces. This is my 1st attempt at the top bag thing so I'll only be using it in the summer on the AT, so even the lightest of bags will suffice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools