Topic

Lost Coast poison oak conditions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Lost Coast poison oak conditions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nat Lim

@lithiummetalman

Locale: Cesspool Central!

It's been a wet and fruitful year, especially for my arch-nemesis "Creeping Toxicdodendron".

Has anyone hiked Lost Coast this year, and how bad is the poison oak this year?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

We were there in April. There seemed to be the usual amount. There is plenty of it around, but should not impact your trip unless you are not careful or are extremely sensitive to it. It is part of life up here.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I was there in early may and it really depends. You get rolling coastal hills and plains, you get hills spotted with conifers, and then you get the really, really thick forests. The thick forests is where most of it will be. I saw a few places with insanely thick amounts, but most of the places without thick tree canopies were pretty clear. It might be different now than from May.
    Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools