Topic

Vivo Barefoot shoes — starting at $55

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Vivo Barefoot shoes — starting at $55

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

LeftLane Sports is having a sale on VivoBarefoot shoes — my favorite all around minimalist footwear. I'm ordering a couple of pairs, but wanted to share.

Here's the link. Full disclosure: Like many of the other best deals, it's one of those membership sites, where they will give me $10 for anyone who signs up and makes a purchase.

For $55, this is ridiculous. Early this year, I was happy to buy my first pair for $100… and I'd do it again. They retail for $160 and seldom go on sale, so this is easily the best deal I've ever seen on them.

Enjoy.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

how's sizing on these comparatively? I'm generally a 9.5/10 so knowing if they run on the "small" or "big" size would be helpful. thanks!

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I hate to say "it depends" but it does. They come with some very nice, thin insoles. I wear them without insoles; they're designed to work well both ways, depending on user preference. I like to be as near to the ground as I can.

Without insoles, it essentially makes them work for wider feet because you've opened up the amount of room, and the two models I have are both very flexible, so opening up more space allows your foot to spread out. With the insoles in, they would tighten up and work for a narrower foot.

I don't know if that helps at all. I am normally a 10.5 with slightly wider than average feet, and I went with a size 43-euro, which was too tight with insoles and perfect without them.

I think I would have been fine a size larger as well… definitely with the insoles in. So there is a little margin for error.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools