Topic

1/3 of a Jam

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1/3 of a Jam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT
    CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Nice work Dave.

Out of curiosity, how long is your torso?

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

David, that looks awesome.
    I really like the wrap around back pocket.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

My torso is 20.5".

The wraparound pocket is key. I've found it great for everything from wet shelters to snowshoes to PFDs. I can put 2 standard nalgenes in each side.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Dave,
    Great job of a hackn'pack of the Golite Jam. I agree Golite should use Xpac maybe you should send some photos of the pack fully constructed. See if they buy the design. The only reason I could see them not using Xpac it is not made out of recycled material and dose not fit their Green Business model.

But I could see them making a full recycled Dyneema Grid X pack with wrap around pocket as upgraded pack design.
    Terry

J. Lopes

@jay_nj

Great stuff, I also have a pretty heavily modified jam I should probably put some pics of at some point. Dyneema is definitely more robust then needed for backpacking, probably pretty great for bushwhacking though. Enjoy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools