Topic

Maroon Bells

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Maroon Bells

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Blackwell
    BPL Member

@blackwelljc

Locale: Oklahoma

Planning a trip the last week of Sept. in the Maroon Bells area. Going to do loop from Capital creek trailhead,Capital Peak,Avalance creek trail,Geneva Lake, Snowmass Lake and back by West Snowmass trail. This looks like about 40 miles. My intention is to bag Capital and/or Snowmass mountain and to get in some fishing. Any info as to weather, fishing and trail conditions would be appreciated. Anybody like to join up?

Aaron Armstrong

@traderaaron

Locale: Colorado

There has been some light snow so far this season, watch the weather later this week to see what happens, may get more.

There is a chance I'll be in the area but not for the full loop, taking a couple first timers out.

I've got first hand descriptions of the cross country route from Avalanche Lake to Geneva if you need them.

Capitol and Snowmass are difficult 14ers with Capitol having a fairly high degree of difficulty depending on the conditions. There was a death in the Elks on Saturday possibly due in part to some recent light snow.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools