Topic

Outsak Contest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Outsak Contest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Locale: High Desert

We are going to be giving away a brand new Outsak UL. Yeah, thats right. The 3rd generation of UL bags is already in the works. We are going to have a giveaway/contest on our Facebook page. Come by and "like" us for the most up to date info. At 60 "likes" we will tell you what it weighs. At 100 "likes" we will have a contest. The winner gets the first prototype. Be the first to WIN A FREE OUTSAK UL PROTOTYPE.

Our facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Outsak-Animal-Resistant-Storage-Bag/169957079726360

James Locke
    BPL Member

@duckypaddler

Locale: East Tennessee Valley

I recently bought a "Rat Sack" from your competition, and was horrified to know that it was 10.1 oz not the 6 stated on the website. I see you have a UL models that are listed at 2.85 & 3.73 oz. Are these correct, and when will the new model be available for purchase? I really want to take a mesh bag, but am not happy with my rat sack, so hopefully you can take care of me and find mw a lighter solution.

Thanks,
    James Locke

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

James,

I am not David, but I do have 2 of his older model Outsaks.

Large Outsak (Older model than on site I believe):

http://sticksblog.com/gear/storage-stuff-sacks/outsak-animal-resistant-storage-bag/

And I also have a Outsak UL (again, I believe it is an older model too):

http://sticksblog.com/gear/storage-stuff-sacks/outsak-ul/

My UL sack measures 18 x 10 and weighs 4.1 oz, but again, I think that some changes may have been made to lighten this model up even more.

I will also say that my dealings with David have been exceptional. My packages always arrived within 3 days max and in the emails I have exchanged with him he has been very helpful. As well, he has some nice products too, IMO.

Hope this helps some.

James Locke
    BPL Member

@duckypaddler

Locale: East Tennessee Valley

I see they hit the 60 like mark, so he should disclose the weight now. I'm glad your weights seem to reflect his measured weight so I'm sure I should have just bought an outsack in the first place.

David – Unless they are much more expensive than your current models, I would love to get one of the new UL models. I didn't see a link for the new UL model on your site.
    Thanks
    James

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

I am pretty sure I was #60 on the like list :-D

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Sixty one now. :)

HJ

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

That's me

Rob Ford
    Spectator

@rob_tampahotmail-com

Locale: South East

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

Still only 86 Likes after all this time???

David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Wow. Totally missed these posts months ago. Apologies.

Sorry to hear about your experience with another product.

I think you will find that all Outsak products are accuratley represented when it comes to weight and size.

As far as the prototype giveaway…I am also surprised that it has not passed 100. Oh well. Guess people do not want free stuff. It is still sitting on a shelf, but it might not be a prototype much longer as its testing has moved along.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

David,

Out of curiosity, what is the weight of the prototype? I believe we are beyond that number of "Likes," yes? (I've done my part) :)

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Oh, wait, I think I see it on your Facebook. 3.2oz. Is that correct? NICE!

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

It is teetering between 3.1 and 3.2oz for the UL. Still looking at alternate materials. I would like to get it under 3 oz. We will get back to that after the sale.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

We will get back to that after the sale.

Yeah, sounds like you guys will have your hands full.

Well, I posted you on my Facebook wall. Hopefully the remaining 13 likes will materialize.

BTW, if you ever need raccoon testing, my mom's place is raccoon central. They're always in her garbage…

HJ

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

We're up to 91 after my vote today. I am probably going to break down and buy a couple from their sale on the 1st – 2nd.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Nice. Only 9 to go. No sense that Outsak sitting on a shelf now is there. :)

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Well, guess I can't participate :)

However, I did look at their website… pretty cool, and pretty light. Has anyone here done a product review or have any insight to the product?

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Well, guess I can't participate :)

???

Up to 97 now. Just a few more needed… :)

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Running joke Jim. I don't do social network thingys :)

But it would be interesting to find out more. Their video says that no animal has breached it. I'll skip the bear part, but am interested in feedback from those here who have used the product.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Ah.

Well, I haven't used one, so no help there from me. HOWEVER, we now have 100 likes, so somebody will be getting one and can review it for us all. :)

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools