Topic

Icebreaker short sleeve shirt and long sleeve hoody

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Icebreaker short sleeve shirt and long sleeve hoody

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Brinkman

@amuroray

Locale: Southern California

I wanted to know if anyone that uses Icebreaker would recommend a good short sleeve shirt from them as a hiking/backpacking shirt. Also, has anyone ever used their long sleeve hoody layer? It seems like a good base-layer/insulating layer for sleeping.

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

I use the Icebreaker Skin 200 s/s in anything but the hottest summer months and it is probably my favorite shirt. Icebreaker, imo, makes some of the highest quality merino gear. I'm not sensitive to wool but the Icebreaker is noticeably more comfortable on my skin than my Smartwool or Stoic merino tops.

Alasdair Fowler

@messiahkhan

Locale: Newcastle, UK

I use an Icebreaker Beast 150 Apollo V T-Shirt as my base layer, and the Icebreaker 260 GT Quantum Hood as my midlayer. Both are really nice and comfortable and work well together. The t-shirt is light weight and doesn't get horrible and cold when sweaty. I sweat a lot, and hate it when I stop, cool down and my base layer feels horribly cold and wet. The Icebreaker still gets sweaty but feels much comfier when I stop. Just a word of note, the 'Ivory/White' colour of the 150 weight Icebreaker gear is more like a dirty grey and can get fairly see through when wet.

The hoody is even better and work really well. The hood fits nice and tight yet doesn't feel restrictive. A really nice piece of clothing. The only downside for me is the overall weight, which is quite high. Worth it for the comfort though.

Ben P

@benp1

Locale: London

I have an Icebreaker Nomad Hoody, think its 320 weight

Lovely and comfy, used it as a midlayer. Teamed up with merino baselayer and primaloft insulation.

Only downside is its quite heavy for what it is, but its very comfy and lovely to wear.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools