Topic

Middle Fork of the Flathead

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Middle Fork of the Flathead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Awesome trip, hiking in to Shaeffer Meadows and floating out to Essex:

http://bedrockandparadox.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/the-indeterminacy-of-translation/

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Great trip David thanks for posting it

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

nice trip :) brings back some fond memories for me, I was a Wilderness Ranger in both the Middle Fork (Bob-based out of Schafer) and the Great Bear

we used to get a lot of rafters that were packed in by horse, even a few by air! (Schafer is one of the few places that you can fly into a wilderness area), I don't recall any that packed in their own rafts- but that was a long time ago too

in addition to great cutthroat fishing, there are a lot of bull trout in the Middle Fork, I remember using some ul fishing gear only to hook into about 8-10# bull trout- he rather quickly let me know that I wasn't going to land him :)

Gabe Joyes

@gabe_joyes

Locale: Lander, WY

Nice work, looks like a good one.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Sandy and I both lost monster fish when they snapped our tippets. One particular 24"+ trout did so with practiced ease. I had a great view from my rock as I had him on for all of 4 seconds. Even the "smaller" trout gave my Amago a workout on several occasions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools