Topic

Question about POE Adventurer SI 2/3 over ether thermo 2/3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Question about POE Adventurer SI 2/3 over ether thermo 2/3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cesar Garcia
    BPL Member

@crgowo

Locale: Desert SW

I asked this in the deals form but thought I might ask here too.
    The clymb has a Adventurer SI 2/3 on sale and was wondering if it would be worth getting and using over my POE Ether Thermo 2/3 I currently have? I use the ether thermo for 3 season so was looking for a pad setup to use with a ccf pad in winter. Last winter I used my ether thermo 2/3 pad with my pack and the ccf pad on top of it all and my sit pad between my pack and pad. I just always worried that my pad would get punctured and the ccf would sometimes slide off. I don't put the ccf underneath because I heard its warmer on top of an insulated air mattress since the insulation is ontop.

Anyhow would I benefit by using the adventurer 2/3s OVER my ccf compared to my ether thermo UNDER my ccf? Specs do show it has a higher r value but its also thinner.

Anyhow thanks for your help.

Cesar Garcia
    BPL Member

@crgowo

Locale: Desert SW

I decided to get it for only 24$ If anything my kids can use it car camping on colder nights.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools