Topic

world meet the uber

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear world meet the uber

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

meet the uber this is in my opinion one of the best do it all packs ive made or seen the specs are as follows . 2,200 cubic inch main volume roughly 600 in mesh pockets constructed with a main body of coated 70d a bottom and shoulder/hipbelt of dynemma gridstop the roll top is sil. Total weight is 8.5 ounces i designed this for winter trips the back pocket holds my snow shovel just perfectly and the size is right. As of now this is the biggest pack in the line but most likely there will be one around 3,000 cubic inches with removable carbon frame stays and a assault X2 is also in the works this will be about mid way between the assault and the uber .As always the uber as well as all my packs is available in any combination of the following sil nylon 2nds black , 70d coated black,digital camo, dynemma gridstop, mesh black. Other fabrics are a option they may come for no extra charge or a small fee depending on the fabric i am also open to custom sizes for 5$ more if i dont have a pattern for that size alreadyuberuberuberuberubermg src="/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1315005051_48269.jpg" alt="uber" width="422" height="562">

James Gould

@highlandergymn

I'm interested in your largest pack with some suspension system. Is that what the carbon stays do? Any chance on getting hip belt pockets?

adam spates

@adamspates

Locale: southeast

how much is this pack? And how much weight would it add to pad the shoulder straps?

Also not to long ago there was a thread about some bubble wrap that doesn't pop. I think a section of it is 11"x12". Would it be possible for you to put that in for a backpad?

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

check out my blog for pricing http://alteregobackpackinggear.blogspot.com.I dont want to fill my myog posts with business related info so all of that will be thru my blog or you can pm me. The shoulder straps are already padded with 3dmesh I could double the 3d mesh for more padding and probably about a 1 ounce weight increase

Andy Chassé
    BPL Member

@andyc

Let's see the assault X2!

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

The assault X2 should be done sometime tonight I'll get pics posted either today or tomorrow

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

You're one switched on young guy, William! I'm sure you said you were only 16 years old on another thread? I'm amazed you have found time to test all these packs and quilts you are selling, never mind set up a business!

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Thank you mike that means a lot yes I am 16 but I've been building gear for about 3 years the last year I've really been trying things out. Yep the schedule is sure getting tight as I'm now attending community collage starting my degree in business but I find a little time here and there to build gear. Evan If that time is when I should be asleep lol

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

the assaultX2 is practically done i am just waiting on webbing and laderlocks for it. There is some teaser pics up as well as pics of the tarp
    http://alteregobackpackinggear.blogspot.com/2011/09/second-assault-is-coming.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools