Topic

POE at the CLYMB

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals POE at the CLYMB

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tom costin

@nitsocymmot

The preview says that at noon today the CLYMB will have POE mattresses including the peak series. I'm hoping for a peak elite AC myself.

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/TomCostin

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

Could be cool. I wasn't a fan of the peak elite ac myself. I returned mine. But i will admit, if you like tube, mummy style mattress, its was a nice mattress. I'm just a neoair fanboy myself

Jake Palmer
    BPL Member

@jakep_82

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The POE stuff is up and it's far from exciting. No Peak Elite AC, although I would have been surprised to see it.

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

For $25 each, I had to grab a pair of the POE Peak Mtn Oyl short pads. Only review I could find was for the full-length model, but at 13 oz, it looked worth trying for a pad that should be comfortable and supportive through the shoulder seasons:

http://www.journeymantraveller.com/2011/02/on-winter-sleeping-mats.html

I'm planning to use one each for my wife and I… with some z-rest panels to keep the legs warm, I'm hoping this will cover us through the shoulder seasons.

Cesar Garcia
    BPL Member

@crgowo

Locale: Desert SW

I already have an older ether thermo 2/3 pad I use for 3 season so was looking for a winter pad( between 0* and 20*) to use with a ccf pad. Last winter I used my ether thermo 2/3 pad with my pack and the ccf pad on top of it all and my sit pad between my pack and pad. I just always worried that my pad would get punctured and the ccf would slide off. I don't put the ccf underneath because I heard its warmer on top of an insulated air mattress since the insulation is ontop.

Would I benefit using the adventurer 2/3s over my ccf compared to my ether thermo under my ccf?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools