Topic

Steep and Cheap – Rab Xenon Jacket – Men’s – $110 + shipping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Steep and Cheap – Rab Xenon Jacket – Men’s – $110 + shipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Steep and Cheap has put the Rab Xenon Jacket back into its rotation for $109.99 plus shipping (about $20 cheaper than the next best price I've seen – which is at Department of Goods when combined with the additional cleansnipe.com discount). The SAC deal ended already (I barely caught it myself) but might pop up again soon…

About the jacket – imagine a garment similar to Patagucci's nano puff hoody, but a full 2 oz lighter. Yep, not only is the Rab hooded, full-zip, with hand-warmer pockets and 60g Primaloft One throughout, it's 12oz for a size large. As far as synthetic insulation jackets are concerned, I don't know of another that has the Rab beat for weight to warmth to feature ratio.

On a related note – is anyone looking for a lovingly used Pata Nano-Puff pullover, blue, men's size large, weighs a little under 11oz? I say that half-jokingly, but there's a very good chance mine will be up for sale on gear-swap once the Rab arrives. I've shaved my body down to a medium these days anyway, and with the hood I can avoid bringing a beanie, saving me another 2oz.

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

It just poped back up, sold out of large though. But doesn't RAB run small?

J Boro

@jbend

Locale: PNW

Yes, I'd be interested in the Nano. Post or pm me with what you were thinking about for price and anything about condition/year/usage you might know. Cheers.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

J Boro – I still need my nano-puff for at least one more trip this weekend (30 miles on the Lake Superior Hiking Trail in northern MN), and want to confirm the sizing of the Rab before I let it go. I'll send you a pm/pictures when I'm ready to sell so you can have a first go at it.

About the nano-puff – I bought it new from a local outfitter about 2 years ago, the color is blue – not navy, probably the best way to describe it is a more subdued tone of last season's bright blue, a very similar shade, just a bit darker. It hasn't seen much time in the backcountry, as I only recently got back into backpacking. It's been a constant companion of mine around town from fall to spring, and makes an excellent pillow on the trail. Condition is very good, no holes or places of excessive wear that I can think of. There is some normal use wear on the elbows, but that's about it. Not sure about price just yet, probably in the neighborhood of $50-60.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools