Topic

Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Ken

Yes, many brands were omitted. But do any of the brands you mentioned have shoes for people with genuinely WIDE feet?

Actually, I don't think many of them even state the width, which means that their shoes are probably D or E in width. That was not wide enough for the purpose of this survey. Yes, we did ask a lot more companies about this, and that is what we found.

Oh – and have you checked the weights of those brands? Some of them don't understand the concept of light-weight. That eliminated quite a few brands as well.

I guess you have to be a really big vendor to be able to make different widths as well as different lengths. Small niche companies have to just go for the median, which is not going to help us duck-feet at all.

Cheers

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Roger I have no issue here. i just thought it funny that Eric made almost the same post last year. You'll notice that it is his post in my response. I have size 15 feet. That comes with it's own set of problems.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Roger, I also have wide feet and they get wider on week-long backpacking trips. Merill and Danner DO make boots for wide feet and I've had both brands. I dunno about the other brands I listed but at least they should be checked out by the reviewers.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Eric

I looked at both web sites, but there seems to be no way to search on width. Care to suggest some wide models?

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools