Topic

Oware 1.1 Ripstop DWR quality?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Oware 1.1 Ripstop DWR quality?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Guy
    BPL Member

@brucky

Locale: Central Cal

Does anybody have experience using this fabric? The Ripstop nylon 1.1 DWR 30 denier shell fabric 70" from Oware?
    http://shop.bivysack.com/product.sc?productId=85&categoryId=10

I'm looking to make a quilt and at the price this looks like a great deal. Has anybody used it? Is the DWR good quality?

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

I have no experience with it. I too was curious so I emailed Dave at Oware. From Dave:

"The fabric is 1.1 oz finished weight (per yard squared). It is a DWR fabric like the Quarktex, but not as hot calendared and made of a heavier 30 denier thread. The Quarktex is a 20 denier thread.

The properties of the two fabrics would be similar with the Quarktex being slighly[sic] lighter, more wind and water repellant."

Looks like a bargain especially if your quilt will be used inside a bivy to stabilize the air and protect from water.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools