Topic

PCT Record Attempt Going on Right Now

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion PCT Record Attempt Going on Right Now

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Scott Williamson, current co-holder of the PCT speed record, has just begun a solo attempt at breaking the record.

PCT Record Attempt

Go Scott

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Seems like a rough year to attempt a record, with all the snow and higher water levels in stream crossings.

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

Scott's co-holder, Krudmeister, has a post up about the attempt as well.

If you haven't read the article "Backpacker" did on Scott in 2005, I'd highly suggest reading it. You may even cry. It's that good.

Dave T

@davet

I can't believe he's back on the PCT again! (And again, and again.) He seemed like a real nice, mellow guy when I met him in Oregon in 2004, heading south on his yo-yo (made us feel bad since we were all still going north!).

I seem to recall him writing or saying that the Backpacker article was pretty overly dramatic, portraying him as this tortured soul (or something like that). Anyone else recall this better?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools