Topic

Emigrant Wilderness-Deer Lake

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Emigrant Wilderness-Deer Lake

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I did a quick trip out to Upper Relief Valley and then to Deer Lake. The weather was perfect but the MOSQUITOS were horrible. They were swarming over 8,000ft in the two valleys and I mean swarming. A bug net and DEET was a must for sanity. I did survive and here are some pictures:
    Relief Creek
    Golf Coarse Grass
    Sierra Flowers
    Lush wet valleys
    Deer Lake—-34 miles in 27 hours!
    Relief Pk. 10,808ft
    Black Hawk PK 10,348ft
    East Flange Rock
    Views from Lower Relief Valley. Emigrant Wilderness and Kennedy Meadows are a great home court!!!!

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

Thanks for posting your pictures! I was in Emigrant last week and after four days I started to wish I lived up north just to be closer. You are lucky to have such an amazing playground in your backyard. ~ Andy.

emigrant

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Nice pictures Jay. Are the mosquitoes bad this year because of the late snowmelt? Is it possible to get to some of the trailheads by public transit, say from SFO?

Thanks for posting.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Scott, I believe there is public transit to Yosemite which is off HWY 120. I am not sure about Emigrant Wilderness which is off HWY 108-I started at the Kennedy Meadows TH. Google Yosemite transit!!!

Relief Reservoir

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Thanks for the photos, haven't been there in 8 years maybe. Things changed a bunch from my first trip to my next one. Deer Lake especially. Plus lots of bugs at Middle Emigrant Lake. Wow!

Duane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools