Topic

My tenkara story (and why you should too)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara My tenkara story (and why you should too)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If you are right handed it looks like you just need to turn it around they usually come set up right handed where you cast with the right hand and reel with the left.

David Adair
    Spectator

@davidadair

Locale: West Dakota

That's odd, I have been sort of intrigued by tenkara lately. The other day I took a backward glance at at a long lean tenkara but my matronly Orvis caught me and gave me the look.

You said "Tenkara the gateway drug?"

It's only a problem if you find yourself evaluating job prospects based solely on their proximity to trout fishing.

That's wrong. You need to consider the quality of the fishing as well.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The grass is always greener on the other side, try to remember what you fell in love with in the begining. Its impossible to control you thoughts but you can control your actions. Good job David Im sure your relationship will only get stronger. Kyle your a pig :^) P.S. Kyle you looking to sell the Tenkara or you gonna keep its hopes up and play both sides?

Kyle Meyer
    BPL Member

@kylemeyer

Locale: Portland, OR

I'll be duplicitous as long as I can get away with it : ] I just gave Ms. Tenkara a new Ebira dress so she shouldn't know what I'm up to.

In all seriousness, I want something more useful for lakes. I've sat at the edge of a lake with tenkara casting as far out as I can, trading presentation for distance to try to get out to where the jumps are and still not reaching. Lakes typically have more wind than streams as well, and being on the wrong shore can ruin any chance of catching a fish. I just wanted the right tool for the job when my trip is based around fishing. For everything else, tenkara makes so much sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools