Topic

JoAnn’s crazy coupons

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear JoAnn’s crazy coupons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

I was at JoAnn's today picking up a few things and found out from Lisa at the cutting desk that coupons there stack, "as long as they have different codes." This opens up some pretty crazy deals.

For example: there is a 20% off the total purchase code out right now as well as a 50% off one item. Both coupons stipulate that discount is only on regular priced items, not sale, clearance, or redtag fabric. As per Lisa and then the people at checkout, they they can be used together for 70% off. Cut lengths of fabric count as one item. Some pretty great deals can be had especially on high pricey items like cutting mats or rotary cutters. Any zippers, needles, thread, etc. on the same ticket will get the 20% off.

Also found out that you can pull up printable coupons on your smartphone if you forgot to print them out at home. We used my partner's iPhone to get the above deal. There's also an iPhone (maybe an Android too?) app for JoAnn's that does coupons. Haven't looked into this yet.

It was suggested I sign up on their website as they also send out coupons in the email. Coupons are also available in the Sunday paper.

The people at the cash register told us that there is a "book" that you can buy for $2.99 that has two 50% off one item and four 40% off one item coupons on the back. Don't know what the content of the book is as I declined purchase, but the coupons were there on the back. I don't think those stack for 100%, 90%, or 80% off though. Don't think they'd be in business if they did that. All should work for 70% or 60% off though when used with the 20% off total purchase coupon.

To complete the craziness, JoAnn's accepts competitor's coupons, so keep an eye out or do a quick search online for Michael's and Hancock's coupons. I'm not quite sure how far they go with this and exactly what, "as longs as the codes don't match," means so YMMV.

JoAnn's page at printable-coupons.blogspot.com
    JoAnn's page at dealspl.us
    JoAnn's page at retailmenot.com

Check the same sources for Hancock's and Michael's coupons that JoAnn's accepts and may or may not accept to stack with their own coupons.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools