Topic

Campsuds: How much to bring?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Campsuds: How much to bring?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Using campsuds (biodegradable soap) is unfamiliar territory for me. I know the stuff is concentrated, but I have absolutely no clue how much I need to bring on my upcoming JMT (21 days estimated)

Relevant Info and intended uses:
    Will be used to wash hands before food prep
    We will be washing a 1.3L pot twice a day (breakfast and dinner)
    We will probably use a bit to bathe (every 2-3 days, e.g. hair, face, body)
    Will be using in combination with hand sanitizer after using the bathroom

Any guidelines (e.g. something like .75 oz per Person, for 10 days etc) would be a great. Thanks guys!

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Not sure how campsuds compares to dr bronner's, but I ended up just filling a leftover 1oz visine bottle with dr bronner's and intend to use it for 2 people and 17 days.

Also, in Mike C's book he lists 0.7oz for his model 10 day, 3 season trip….so maybe I should bring a little more.

When do you start? I'm leaving from Happy Isles on Friday.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

On a recent trip, I had packed for 5-6 days, and that included 0.3 oz of liquid soap in a 0.2 oz bottle. By the end of the trip in 4 days, I had not touched the soap. There had been plenty of water all along the way.

–B.G.–

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Chris, thanks for the tip. I must have somehow missed/forgotten about that Tip in Mike's book. I'll reread that section again. I won't be starting til the first week of Sept, so you got a headstart on me :D Enjoy your trip!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools