Topic

Salomon Style Laces on Non Salomon Shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Salomon Style Laces on Non Salomon Shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Williams

@qldhike

Locale: Queensland

Has anybody tried to make a DIY version of the 'quicklace' system Salomon uses on its shoes on other shoes?

I currently have some Salomon XA Pro 3d ultras which I love (after I removed the terrible ortholite insert) but I wonder when these shoe die whether I have to go Salomon again or whether I can retrofit a similar lace system on other shoes.

Any experiences from people who have done this or any ideas on whether it would be possible?

Thanks
    Michael

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

Hi Michael,

I was actually thinking that exact same thing today. I have used that same shoe for a bit over a year of hard use and have now gone for the Inov-8 flite-195's which I personally prefer, but would love to have the saloman lacing system rather than the normal laces.

I guess you could simply remove the laces, put some of the cord with the cord lock in their place and off you go. Only problem I could imagine is cutting up the original shoes if they are not built for cord.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I cut off my salomon laces and used them on some golite shoes. It works, but mine were a little short for the golite shoes so I just stopped lacing before the bottom holes.

Michael G
    BPL Member

@neptune

There are a lot of quick lace systems out there for purchase. I used these a while back when doing triathlon for quick transitions to my running shoes, quite nice.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools