Topic

anyone have a hookup with Black Diamond

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals anyone have a hookup with Black Diamond

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

i am looking for a climbing specific pack, and the one that jumps out at me is the Black diamond Axis 33. I've been sized and tried on the large pack and it was super comfortable, and seems well put together for everything i could want for technical rock and ice climbing.

anyways, at $150 its out of my price range and its too new to find one second hand. anyone have a hookup on them?

Michael Moore

@lilricky

If you do a Google search under Shopping, you should find that you can pick up one for as little as $115

Chris Brubaker
    Spectator

@crisb

I have a Cilo Gear 30L I can send you for $90, all black, and just about guaranteed to be a better climbing pack than the BD. It's a 2009 model, in great shape. Regular shoulder straps. Send me a PM if interested.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

sunny sports is the shop with it for $115, and they've been sold out of the large for awhile now

the cilo gear pack looks good, but the black diamond suspension is the real reason why i want that pack.

Chris Brubaker
    Spectator

@crisb

Ted-

Fair enough- For what it's worth, I've tried both, and don't see much difference in terms of the carry. The BD pack is definitely more "tech" but both function pretty much the same in terms of how they feel and work while climbing. Personally I like the Cilo better; it's a good bit simpler and lighter, less to break, and more options for lashing stuff on.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools