Topic

Free Better Oats Oatmeal

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Free Better Oats Oatmeal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim & Shell

@mccargoe

I bought 4 boxes of the stuff to sample for an upcoming hiking trip. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I did not care for any of it. Each box contained five packages of the oatmeal that was specified on the front of the box. Therefore, since we tried a pack of each one, there are now a total of 16 packages of oatmeal (4 packages of each flavor.) I have Oat Revolution Cinnamon and Spice, Lavish Dark Chocolate, Muffins Maple Streusel, and Raw Pure & Simple Chai Spiced. If anyone cares to snatch these up from me, all I ask is that you pay shipping. If I do not come across someone that is interested by 8/26/11 I will either try to ditch them onto an unsuspecting family member, or worst case scenario, dump them in the trash. PM me if you want to take them off my hands. Thanks.

Here is there official site: http://www.betteroats.com/brands.php

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

These are about $1 per box around me, so probably not worth the shipping cost unless you can't get them near you. I find some of these flavors actually rather good and I definitely prefer the wholeness of the product versus anything that Quaker Oats puts out. I would say the chocolate variety is an 'acquired taste' and I did not prefer that one. I had higher hopes when I first saw the Chai flavor, but this one falls short and the overall flavor is too understated IMHO. The 'Muffin' varieties and the Cinnamon and Spice I like, but I would recommend adding raisins to each or mixing up the packets (I usually eat 2 packets at a time, so one Maple Streusel and one Cinnamon and Spice in the same serving). The Blueberry variety is probably still my favorite, but it can get old quickly if eaten too repetitively (again, IMHO). I originally started trying these for trail use, but I find myself eating them for breakfast at work on occasion now also.

Just my 2 cents for anyone looking to check these out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools