Topic

Who does custom sewing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Who does custom sewing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    M L
    BPL Member

@herzzreh

Besides Bear Paw, who else does custom sewing? I'm trying to figure out (mainly price-wise) whether I should pester my neighbour or "outsource" my bathtub floor.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

What exactly are you looking to have done? That might change the answer.

Also, Bearpaw sells silnylon floors and Zpacks sells cuben ones if you just want to buy a non-custom bathtub floor.

If you really don't want to sew or buy one, just buy the fabric, make a drawing, and take it to a local tailor/seamstress.

M L
    BPL Member

@herzzreh

I want to sew me a complete bathtub floor for my coming Oware tarp. I'd go with the pre-made ones from Bear Paw, but I want it in PU nylon, not silnylon.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

You can check the dimensions on the shangri la floors and see if they'd work.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

Seekoutside.com/store

If you want a full floor, we have instructions on how to make your own from a tarp of course it will not bathtub. The weight difference of PU and lightweight tarp is minimal.

Of course, unless there is a reason (and there are reasons such as chiggars and sand) going floorless often has benefits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools