Topic

2011 Exodus-S and Newt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2011 Exodus-S and Newt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Ron has posted some teaser pictures of the 2011 Exodus S and Newt on his Face Book site.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/131793047725/

David Ure

@familyguy

Really like the new Newt! The Exodus-S should be a winner as well, although I don't need a pack of that size right…yet.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The torso pad idea for the frame could be a real winner with the hand pump. We'll need to wait and see how this idea turns out, but using the hand pump to pump up that Klymit torso sized pad to a high degree of stiffness could create a reasonable frame. What might be a little more risky is how this pad would work for sleeping. It looks pretty small. I can't imagine it's bigger than 15" x 30". It might work better as a pad under your feet in combination with a larger 'torso' pad like a 48" x 20" NeoAir small.

I wonder if there's a way to make a version of this frame that folds out in two, so it's twice as big as the backpanel of the backpack. I imagine Klymit could pull this off…just have an inch or two where it doesn't inflate to act as a hinge.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Ron says this about the inflatable frame:12.5" X 23.5" for the med. Pad is 3oz. Also make a GREAT pillow. Folded over three times yields a 2.5" thick X 12" X 7" pillow with built in ridge to nestle the head and keep it from sliding off. We will offer a LW pillow case for it.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Lafuma has had a pack with an inflatable frame like this for a few years (2006?), the AirFrame frame on the X Light. Not all that light at 2.5-3 lbs. Always wondered why no one else had tried this out…

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

That looks like your air frame Thom!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools