Topic

75-100 mile route suggestions for Colorado backpacking trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 75-100 mile route suggestions for Colorado backpacking trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike Gerty

@michael-gerty

Hi all, I have a few days off next week and I'm wondering if anyone has any route suggestions for a Colorado backpacking trip of approximately 75-100 miles. I'm going solo so a loop would obviously be awesome, but I'm totally fine with hitch-hiking if necessary. I've thru-hiked the Colorado Trail but haven't hiked any of the CDT (except the overlapping portions) so a CDT route could definitely work.

So, any suggestions?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Begin at Durango and go to segment 22 and the CT Yurt (110 mi.) then, as you face the CT yurt, to your left is the 5 mi. side trail into the woods called Camp Trail which leads down, down, down to the parking area (where you left your shuttle car?).

Drive 1 mile to Willow Nat'l. Forest camp and rest up for the day's drive/hitch hike. There's a private campground 1/4 mi. after turning right onto Rt. 40 going south toward Creede, where for $5. you can get a hot shower. If you're hitch hiking you'd better shower! (And stow yer aromatic trail clothes in a Ziploc deep in yer pack.)

BTW, I remembered there is a road crossing the CT about 30 mi. south of the CT yurt. But you'll miss a free night in the yurt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools