Topic

Craghoppers NosiLife Lite Trousers w/ bug repel for $15 shipped!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Craghoppers NosiLife Lite Trousers w/ bug repel for $15 shipped!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

Craghoppers NosiLife Lite Trousers ON SALE…this is the brand that does all of bear grylls so take it with a grain of salt, but i see nothing wrong with a pair of light trousers with bug repel AND abrasion reinforcement for $15 shipped with code TB10 (try CE04 if that doesnt work). i got my pair for $14.20 delivered!

Here's what they say:
    While we’ve used every weapon in our armoury to shave the weight of these super-light travel trousers, we’ve certainly not pared back performance. NosiLife Lite Trousers are, in many respects, the ultimate travel trousers, packed to the gunwales with hot climate technology, but designed to take up as little space as possible! Just as strong, durable, insect and sun repellent as our Cargos, but with around 25% less baggage.
    Best for: Beating the bugs!

NosiLife SolarDry polyamide ripstop
    Weight: 330g
    Fit: Active
    Drying loops
    5 pockets, including 1 with zip fastening
    Heel tape
    Part-elasticated waist
    Lifetime guarantee

NO AFFILIATION WITH THE COMPANY, just passing a good deal. there is also a deal on the winter lined kiwi stretch pants.

http://www.us.craghoppers.com/buy/nosilife-lite-trousers-regular-196308

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

I scooped up 2 pairs…

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

Very nice, I bought two pairs. :)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I ordered a pair. Wanted to order more, but the comments on sizing, which seemed kind of random, scared me off. And I forgot to use the free shipping code.

Chris Cheng

@chrischeng

Look like a great deal. I actually own a pair of the Bear Grylls pants and I think they are great – I've had good luck with the Nosilife and they are incredibly comfortable and they've quickly become my favorite outdoors pants.

I haven't really had a chance to test out their durability but Craghoppers has a good reputation and the Lifetime Guarantee is pretty awesome.

Edit: Also, the sizing (these were for the Bear Grylls edition). It seems to run a bit small. I'm a size 30-31 (typically 31) and I got the 32 inch waist pants and they are tight on me. There is approximately zero extra space on me but they are still remarkable comfortable.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Where were the comments on sizing? I couldn't find them.

James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

Thanks for the info.

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

Does anyone know what the inseam sizes are?

Well after taking my time a reading the webpage….

S=29 R=31 L=33

Duh!!

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I was reading the reviews. Seems like some run small, some run big. I ordered some rain pants on sale too.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Ordered two pair for that price in one size larger. We shall see.
    Crap, forgot to order the rain pants and can't use the code twice for the discount on shipping.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

nm

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

not sure on the "trousers", but the nosilife cargo pants definitely run small- I ordered a size up (32" waist- ordered 34") and the pants were too small- fit was OK in the waist (has elastic) but overall the pants were simply too small overall- had a hard time lifting my knee very high

the main pockets were also not very deep, the material felt nice and the cargo version has lots of pockets

had to send mine back :(

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Well, for $15 I'm quite happy with these. They aren't Arcteryx or MH quality, but they certainly are great bang for the buck.
    They are stretchy around the waist which is nice. Fit is tailored toward thinner people, so a little tight in my case but still okay. They are light and squish up very small.

These are great day hike pants. Though I'd be hesitant to trust them on an extended backpacking trip. Not because the fabric feels week, but because they were $15. :)

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

They ride up the crack a bit for me.

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

Just got mine, ordered 2 pairs. I'm a 32 waist, ordered both as 32, and they fit fine with some room to spare. A couple stray strands here and there, but at 15 bucks a piece, I'm not complaining. Weighed both, 9.9 oz and 10.1 oz with tags. Fit is perfect, similar to my Columbia cotton/nylon pants but slightly slimmer. I'll need to shorten the inseam though, regular was a bit too long but they didn't have the short inseams on sale. Pockets are deep enough for me, they fit my hands a little past my wrist.

I'll be using them for trail maintenance on the PCT up by Tahoe, so I'll comment on the durability when I get back. Might order a couple more pairs.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

I ordered 2 x 34in pants.

I removed the sales tags and they weigh 264g/9.31oz.

Oddly enough they weigh the exact same as the EMS pants I hacked up here:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=49558

So with no mods to the pants, they are starting as light as my hacked up ones! :o

I'm looking forward to removing the rear pockets and little things here and there. We'll see how light they go.

FWIW, I'm 5-9 and 195lbs. They fit just fine.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

I got mine today and couldn't be happier. Glad that I turned everyone on to this $15 deal!

I am a 34/36 waist and the 36 fit perfect. Length is perfect for me at 6'0. Articulated knees, bug treatment, and they are light and not over-built with baggy pockets. love the zip in hand pocket.

AMAZING DEAL imho for a pair of UL hiking pants. obviously these are not $15 climbing pants.

i like the euro styling, ie the shortened crotch area. works for me.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Am I the only one where it tends to ride in the butt crack?

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

Thanks Adam for the heads up, saved me over $20 bucks (was about to buy a pair of REI or Columbia pants) and I ended up 2 pairs instead of 1.

I haven't had a chance to hike in them yet so no comments on riding up the crack, but they seemed fine just trying them on.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Well they are called "travel trousers" in the ad, not climbing or bushwhacking pants, right?

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

It is asking me to pay $12 for shipping to Portland,OR. You guys have the same issue?

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

M L
    BPL Member

@herzzreh

How do they ship? How long did it take? Still waiting on mine…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools