Topic

shuttles to and from trails

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion shuttles to and from trails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    victoria maki
    BPL Member

@crazyhikerlady

Locale: Northern Minnesota

If a person has their own shuttle service,to the trail, and sets their own prices, do you tip the person? I say yes, my husband says no…..

Sara C
    BPL Member

@saracr

Locale: SE Missouri and NW Arkansas

I don't think there's anything wrong with not tipping if the person driving is the owner and not an employee. They should charge what they need to charge to make it worth it. But we always tip anyway. Usually the service is worth more to us than what they are charging, when considering the time and distance involved.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

I'd pay them what the fee is. I'm always left feeling awkward when tipping. I never know if I'm screwing them or giving them too much. Just charge what you want and be up front about it already. :p

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools