Topic

Who Can Build Me a Custom Hammock?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Who Can Build Me a Custom Hammock?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    evan keller

@ekeller

I just got back from a 5 day hike in Mount of the Holy Cross Wilderness south of Vail, Colorado…slept in my ultralight-asym Hennessy and couldn't get comfortable to get much sleep (forgot to snag sleeping pills from a friend!).

Who builds custom hammocks? i want a hammock that lies flat like the Jacks-r-Better "Bridge" but a lot lighter and uses my trekking poles for the stabilizer bars. i'm only 5'6" and 155 pounds so don't need their mammoth model for 6'3", 250 pounders. i don't have the time or talent to make my own…who can i ask to build it for me?

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

There might be someone here, but I'd seriously suggest hammockforums if you don't get a reply.

I know for a fact a few people have made bridges like you describe there, and I'm sure, for the right cash, they could be persuaded to make one for you.

William Roddey
    BPL Member

@draickin

Locale: Southeast
    Dale South
    BPL Member

@dsouth

Locale: Southeast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nTl4Mz6Glo

Make your own bridge hammock video by Grizz (Grizzly Adams on HF). He has several videos on YouTube about his Grizz Bridge hammocks. Weighs just over 16 oz. You could modify the dimensions for your size and save some weight. I think that he also makes them for other people but has along wait time.

evan keller

@ekeller

great info, folks…thanxalot!!!

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

Try to find a bridge hammock to try before you commit a lot of time and effort to one. I have gotten to play with a couple of different ones and could not lay in either for more than a couple minutes. They were worse than laying in a HH for me….and I could not sleep in the HH at all. Never had that problem with any other hammocks.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Paul is right that not all hammocks, just like anything else, work for all people. I was never comfy enough in a Hennessy. Love my Bridge from JRB, but even it requires I make concessions.

I recently got a Grand Trunk UL and bugnet from PapaSmurf (member here & HF) and it just might work for me at 6'1". I really want it to work since the total setup is LIGHT!!!

dan h

@dandeman

Hey i actually own a small business making custom ultra-light backpacking hammocks. A friend told me about this post, so i joined BPL to let you know. It is a completely USA made, cottage industry that i run directly out of my house. PM me if you are interested and/or want more info.
    Thanks!
    -Dan

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Dan,

You need to add your email address to your profile before you can be PM'd…

I might be interested too…

-Kevin

dan h

@dandeman

hey, sory bout that, i didnt realize i had not put that in! you can directly reach me via email, [email protected]
    -Dan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools