Topic

Rea Lake Loop anyone interested?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Rea Lake Loop anyone interested?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

I'll be heading from San Diego to do the Rea Lakes Loop on the morning of July 30th.
    if there is anyone interested in doing to loop that lives south of Fresno and can be picked up on the way, I'll take care of the transportation.

The catch:

I'm doing it 1 day.

Starting at 4:30am on July 31st.
    Going counter clockwise.

I'll be renting a car anyway, so why not help someone else out that it interested.
    this will be the 6th time I've done it in a day and the 7 total time.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Isn't the Rae Lake Loop 46 miles?

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Yes, but it's easy to hike it in 15 – 17 hours when you have nothing but a light jacket water and food. This is with a slow jog about half the time going down.

Elena Pappas

@sierragal

Hi Aaron –

Just saw this post. I would have tried to join you. I'm from San Diego too, and have done the Rae Lakes Loop several times. Really beautiful. I'm heading out at the end of August beginning of September for 10 days out if interested, let me know. Or – if you have any future short trips planned and are looking for a partner, let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools