Topic

Account problems. Can read pm but not answer even though I am logged in plus more.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Account problems. Can read pm but not answer even though I am logged in plus more.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

FWIW, I changed my account name a few days ago and all was fine. Today my account is all weird. No name at all when I post, no avatar, no user profile and I am getting pm s but cannot reply. I asked for BPL help. Until then……..

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

When and if things get back to normal, check to see it you can still access all of your previous posts, and if you can still get to the images you may have uploaded over the years.

My images went away with a name change.

Anonymous

I am logged in, but when I want to view my profile, it says " sorry but user was not found". Hopefully my pictures have not been lost…

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

Your most recent posts in the Women's clothing thread looks normal…maybe things righted themselves?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Something is amiss.

When I look at your post in this thread all I see is (katpierini) and no User Name.
    And I cannot connect to send you a PM.

@ AAron – "Your most recent posts in the Women's clothing thread looks normal…maybe things righted themselves?"

What do you see on This thread?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I can post now and read my pm and reply, but cannot edit posts under my old user name. For a day I was Kat, but turns out name has to be at least 4 letters so Addie changed it to Kat_P. .
    As a "new" user, I think I have no access to my older posts, nor will there be an active user under my old name. I think that's what's going on.

Aaron Benson

@aaronmb

Locale: Central Valley California

FWIW: Kat's last post above looks normal to me, as does her profile and 820 posts. The "original" first two posts by her in this thread still look funky – no avatar, no link to click to the profile.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Ahhh….

Now her avatar, name and handle DO look normal.
    And PMs look to be available.

When I posted just a bit ago that was not the case.
    And looking a couple of posts above I see only the "ghost" of KP.
    So it seems like the change is "catching up".

Or someone is lurking and making things right….

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

I have PM's that come in, and I can read them in the email notifier. However, if I click the link to jump to the PM, I get a user not found error and then I cannot find my inbox.

Somebody help me out.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

There is no inbox on the site. The email is the only place the PM exists.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

How does one respond to a PM, inasmuch as it doesn't give the email address of the sender?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

If you're logged in to the site, when you click the link in the email it will open a page with a reply box.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Thanks, Chris.

I am logged into the site right now, viz this posting, but I get the following when I click the link in the email:

"
    Send Personal Message (PM)

This form is used to send a personal message (PM) via email to a forum user privately, without revealing the email address of the recipient. It is entirely up to that user to respond to the sender, and sending an email via this form is no guarantee that the message will be received or read by the recipient.

Sorry no user was found. "

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Interesting. Can you post the link you got in the email?

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Thanks for continuing on this. Here's an example for a PM notice. This particular one I don't need to respond to, but it's the same structure as one that I do…

This is an automated message to notify you of a new PM from
    jamespjc at Backpackinglight.com's Forums.

To respond to this PM, login at backpackinglight.com and then visit the following URL:

When I click that link, while logged in, I get:

Send Personal Message (PM)

This form is used to send a personal message (PM) via email to a forum user privately, without revealing the email address of the recipient. It is entirely up to that user to respond to the sender, and sending an email via this form is no guarantee that the message will be received or read by the recipient.

Sorry no user was found.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

The link(s) is/are missing from your post.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Ah… it's not posting. Well:

< http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/pm.html?u=jamespjc >

Or http:// http://www.backpackinglight.com /cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/pm.html?u=jamespjc

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Interesting.

When I paste that in to my browser and I'm logged in, it works fine. If I'm not logged in, I get a message saying I need to setup an address.

Try Clicking here

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Chris, the link in your post generates a screen to send a PM to that member. Is there something I can do to my account so that I'll get that result upon clicking the link I receive in an email?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools