Topic

new site for ultralight backpacking gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web new site for ultralight backpacking gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

A friend of mine sent me this link to the latest technology in Ultralight Gear. Simply amazing. It solves that old food weight issue.

http://www.ediblegear.com

Craig Shelley

@craig_shelley

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Edible gear. This is odd. I’m curious if anyone has ever tried this stuff.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

search the Forums. this came up some time ago.

at that time it was revealed that it was a “gag-site”. in other words, it’s not real.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

lol – of course it is a joke – I did a search but couldn’t find a previous post – sorry for the double posting of this

paul johnson

@pj

>>”sorry for the double posting”

each year some of the same subjects are repeated as new individuals begin to participate in the Forums.

first time this website came up, it appeared that one or two actually thought it to be real.

my post was not intended to correct any who had participated in this Thread. it was intended for any whom might read it and didn’t realize that it wasn’t real.

sorry i wasn’t clearer in my other post.

b d

@bdavis

Locale: Mt. Lassen - Shasta, N. Cal.

geeshh … now you tell me it is a joke … I have already eaten half of my new pack and ground cloth … no wonder it tasted so bad.

J R

@ravenul

personally, I think the funniest thing about that website is the fact that it when people talk about it, even when they KNOW its a joke, the discussions are as dry as the site is.

People will be talking about that site for years, and it will still be talked about JUST LIKE in this thread!

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

I agree! Without this site, would there have ever been a post that could have led someone to think that pj had “no sense of humor”?! Inconceivable!

paul johnson

@pj

there is some truth to the pj has “no sense of humor” statement. you see…

i left it at home in my other backpack.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

lol – I find it hard to imagine that someone would think that it is real – too funny – anyway I’ve been around here quite a while – just on the quiet side

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

I was able to lighten up by trading in anger and humor for a nice size cup of sarcasm.

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Does this thread bring back interesting memories from anyone else about the edible ‘clothing’ of the 80’s :)

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Mike I am shocked! lol – just giving you a rough time – I know it is hard to tell in a forum but I kid around a lot

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools